Volume 6, Issue 8 (August 2019), Pages: 71-76
Original Research Paper
Title: M-polynomial and entropy of para-line graph of naphthalene
Author(s): Tanweer Ul Islam 1, Zeeshan Saleem Mufti 2, *, Hifza Iqbal 2, Samreen Miraj 2, Madiha Ajmal 2
1Department of Economics, National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
2Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Lahore, Lahore Campus, Lahore, Pakistan
Full Text - PDF XML
* Corresponding Author.
Corresponding author's ORCID profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6765-6595
Digital Object Identifier:
The objective of this paper is to explore the stability of naphthalene (m, n). For a single unit of naphthalene, its stability is less relative to self-dimerization. For two units of naphthalene, there is a slight increase in stability and self-dimerization decreases as well. However, for (m, n) unit of Naphthalene, its stability increases rapidly and self-dimerization decreases proportionately. The M-Polynomial is extracted from praline graph of naphthalene which further yielded several degree-based topological indices. The analytical information function of a graph is entropy which uses probability density on the set of vertices. This paper computes the entropy of para-line graph of naphthalene (m, n) and its relationship with Randic index.
© 2019 The Authors. Published by IASE.
This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Keywords: M-polynomial, Graph entropy, Para-line graph of naphthalene
Article History: Received 25 January 2019, Received in revised form 11 June 2019, Accepted 13 June 2019
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Ul Islam T, Mufti ZS, and Iqbal H et al. (2019). M-polynomial and entropy of para-line graph of naphthalene. International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 6(8): 71-76
Permanent Link to this page
Fig. 1 Fig. 2 Fig. 3 Fig. 4 Fig. 5 Fig. 6 Fig. 7 Fig. 8 Fig. 9 Fig. 10
Table 1 Table 2
- Ajmal M, Nazeer W, Munir M, Kang S, and Kwun Y (2016). Some algebraic polynomials and topological indices of generalized prism and toroidal polyhex networks. Symmetry, 9(1): 5-17. https://doi.org/10.3390/sym9010005 [Google Scholar]
- Dehmer M and Mowshowitz A (2011). A history of graph entropy measures. Information Sciences, 181(1): 57-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2010.08.041 [Google Scholar]
- Deutsch E and Klavžar S (2015). M-polynomial and degree-based topological indices. Iranian Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, 6(2): 93-102. https://dx.doi.org/10.22052/ijmc.2015.10106 [Google Scholar]
- Erlenmeyer E (1866). Studies of the process of the action of hydrogen iodide on glycerin. Justus Liebigs Annalen der Chemie, 139(2): 211-234. https://doi.org/10.1002/jlac.18661390210 [Google Scholar]
- Furtula B, Graovac A, and Vukičević D (2010). Augmented Zagreb index. Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, 48(2): 370-380. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10910-010-9677-3 [Google Scholar]
- Kirby EC and Pollak P (1998). How to enumerate the connectional isomers of a Toroidal Polyhex fullerene. Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, 38(1): 66-70. https://doi.org/10.1021/ci970072i [Google Scholar]
- Klavžar S and Gutman I (1996). A comparison of the Schultz molecular topological index with the Wiener index. Journal of Chemical Information and Computer Sciences, 36(5): 1001-1003. https://doi.org/10.1021/ci9603689 [Google Scholar]
- Körner J (1973). Coding of an information source having ambiguous alphabet and the entropy of graphs. In the 6th Prague Conference on Information Theory: 411-425. [Google Scholar]
- Kulli VR (2016). Multiplicative hyper-Zagreb indices and coindices of graphs: Computing these indices of some nanostructures. International Research Journal of Pure Algebra, 6(7): 342-347. [Google Scholar]
- Shannon CE (1948). A mathematical theory of communication. Bell System Technical Journal, 27(3): 379-423. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x [Google Scholar]
- Vukičević D and Furtula B (2009). Topological index based on the ratios of geometrical and arithmetical means of end-vertex degrees of edges. Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, 46(4): 1369-1376. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10910-009-9520-x [Google Scholar]
- Wiener H (1947). Structural determination of paraffin boiling points. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 69(1): 17-20. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01193a005 [Google Scholar] PMid:20291038