Volume 6, Issue 3 (March 2019), Pages: 12-16
Original Research Paper
Title: Information security and steganography technique for data embedding using fuzzy inference system
Author(s): Abdulrahman Abdullah Alghamdi *
College of Computing and IT, Shaqra University, Shaqra, Saudi Arabia
Full Text - PDF XML
* Corresponding Author.
Corresponding author's ORCID profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9976-5016
Digital Object Identifier:
Steganography is one among the suggestions that can be used to store the secured information in images. Several techniques which follow serial embedding techniques take longer to embed the information. The goal of this paper is to hide the secret image with different resolutions in a carrier image with more accurately aid in less execution time. To realize this goal, the combination of texture and Fuzzy Inference System (FIS) is employed. In the FIS, the fuzzifier converts the crisp input to fuzzy values through membership functions. Texture features are extracted using the Grey Level Co-occurrence Matrix features. Three Membership Functions such as texture features, Edge sensitivity and the Brightness sensitivity are generated and given as input towards the fuzzy system. The Mamdani FIS algorithm is used for embedding the image. All the pixels which are present in the image square is embedded in parallel rather than one by one operations since, it reduces the overall embedding time. By this proposed system, the embedding time is reduced when compared to different existing algorithms. By using this Mamdani based FIS, the peak signal to noise magnitude relation obtained is more for all the pixels present in the image is used for testing.
© 2019 The Authors. Published by IASE.
This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
Keywords: Steganography, Fuzzy inference system, Mamdani model, Information hiding, Computer security
Article History: Received 22 October 2018, Received in revised form 7 January 2019, Accepted 8 January 2019
The author acknowledges with gratitude the support provided by Shaqra University for conducting this research.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Alghamdi AA (2019). Information security and steganography technique for data embedding using fuzzy inference system. International Journal of Advanced and Applied Sciences, 6(3): 12-16
Permanent Link to this page
Fig. 1 Fig. 2
Table 1 Table 2
- Alghamdi AA (2018a). Information security using steganographic method: Genetic algorithm and texture features. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 11(34): 1-6. https://doi.org/10.17485/ijst/2018/v11i34/131381 [Google Scholar]
- Alghamdi AA (2018b). Computerized steganographic technique using fuzzy logic. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, 9(3): 155-159. http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2018.090323 [Google Scholar]
- Al-Rubbaiy FH (2011). Concealment of information and encryption by using fuzzy technique. Journal of the College of Basic Education, 16(69): 25-34. [Google Scholar]
- Alvi AK and Dawes R (2013). Image steganography using fuzzy domain transformation and pixel classification. In the 25th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (SEKE'13): 277-282. [Google Scholar]
- Badrinarayanan V, Kendall A, and Cipolla R (2017). Segnet: A deep convolutional encoder-decoder architecture for image segmentation. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence: 39 (12): 2481 – 2495. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2016.2644615 [Google Scholar] PMid:28060704
- Cheddad A, Condell J, Curran K, and Mc Kevitt P (2010). Digital image steganography: Survey and analysis of current methods. Signal Processing, 90(3): 727-752. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2009.08.010 [Google Scholar]
- Darshan R, Prabu R, and Divya M (2014). Acceleration of LSB algorithm in GPU. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 5(3): 2865-2867. [Google Scholar]
- Forrest S (1993). Genetic algorithms: Principles of natural selection applied to computation. Science, 261(5123): 872-878. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.8346439 [Google Scholar] PMid:8346439
- Katzenbeisser S and Petitcolas F (2000). Information hiding techniques for steganography and digital watermarking. Artech house, Norwood, Massachusetts, USA. [Google Scholar]
- Kendall A, Badrinarayanan V, and Cipolla R (2015). Bayesian segnet: Model uncertainty in deep convolutional encoder-decoder architectures for scene understanding. arXiv preprint arXiv:1511.02680. [Google Scholar]
- Ker A (2004). Improved detection of LSB steganography in grayscale image. In the 6th International Conference on Information Hiding, Toronto, Canada: 97-115. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-30114-1_8 [Google Scholar]
- Long J, Shelhamer E, and Darrell T (2015). Fully convolutional networks for semantic segmentation. In the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Boston, MA, USA: 3431-3440. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2015.7298965 [Google Scholar]
- Mahdavi M, Samavi S, Zaker N, and Modarres-Hashemi M (2008). Steganalysis method for LSB replacement based on local gradient of image histogram. Iranian Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 4(3): 59-70. [Google Scholar]
- Mamdani EH and Assilian S (1975). An experiment in linguistic synthesis with a fuzzy logic controller. International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, 7(1): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7373(75)80002-2 [Google Scholar]
- Noh H, Hong S, and Han B (2015). Learning deconvolution network for semantic segmentation. In the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, Santiago, Chile: 1520-1528. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.2015.178 [Google Scholar]
- Sajasi S and Moghadam AME (2013). A high quality image steganography scheme based on fuzzy inference system. In the 13th Iranian Conference on Fuzzy Systems, IEEE, Qazvin, Iran: 1-6. https://doi.org/10.1109/IFSC.2013.6675666 [Google Scholar]
- Silman J (2001). Steganography and steganalysis: An overview. Sans Institute, 3: 61-76. [Google Scholar]
- Xu H, Wang J, and Kim HJ (2010). Near-optimal solution to pair-wise LSB matching via an immune programming strategy. Information Sciences, 180(8): 1201-1217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ins.2009.12.027 [Google Scholar]